Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Muslim gentry and the poor

Helping the poor , the handicapped and beggars
=================================================
Yesterday we were gossiping at the shop of a shayar friend,. With me was another All India level shayar. A Muslim beggar woman came for alms, I put my hand in pocket but a note of 100 came out, and I wanted to give only 10/-. So the All India level shayar took out a 10 note and gave me,I handed it over to the woman, she went.
I have seen many Muslim shop keepers keeping small change specially for giving alms to the beggars. It is their culture to help the destitute as Quran commands so.
Today , I was sitting with my Gujarati Sahitya Parishad Award winner Kisanbhai Sosa at our regular jaunt.at Agano vad at noon time , I saw a car with some Muslim women in the car,abruptly stopped, even on wrong side , the owner driver lowered the glass and took out some money and gave it to some one, I rose to see who the receiver was, he was a handicapped beggar with no leg and the Muslim gentleman had given alm to him.
The friend remarked, " The Muslims are having some humanity in a corner of their heart and they donate money to the destitutes. " I remarked that is because their religious scripture commands them to help the destitutes and handicapped and the poor.
That is how the well known Urdu-Hindi Shayar Shahjahan Shad has said in a gazal " Has any fakir returned empty handed from my house ? "

Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment