Thursday, May 4, 2017

Rly engine in Navsari Bazar ?

After reading the article published in the Nayamarg of Ahmedabad, I simply went a few years back in the past. the time was probably 1984-85 and i was active in my org, " Ambedkar Vichar Mandal " in Surat and we were organising night lectures in the backward class areas of Surat. Gunvant Shah was living in Timaliyawad , Nanpura which was one Km away from my residence. I went to see him and requested him to come and give a lecture on Ambedkar to the dalits. He was visibly embarrassed. After regaining his poise he said this was not possible. I asked why. he said " The thing is like bringing a train to Navsari bazar. Is it possible ? If you can bring the train to Navsari Bazar, I shall come and speak to your audience. " I liked his openness but hated his hypocricy ( dambh). I still hate the dambh.

No comments:

Post a Comment