Thursday, April 16, 2015

Story of my PSI R.M.Patel v/s Rahul Gandhi

Rahul Gandhi and my PSI ----------------------------------------------------------------------The great leader of the Congress , Rahul Gandhi went away abroad without leaving his address behind. We insisted on PSIs to leave their address at the police Stations so that in case of need they can be called up. However I never called any PSI or PI even if some serious law and order problem came up . ------ Even in these times there was some silver lining around the dark clouds. Once i sanctioned leave to my PSI of Vyara P. Stn. R.M.Patel , for 3 days. He went on leave in the evening. Now it so happened that at midnight communal riots broke out in Vyara town. My self and SDM Mumu Pathan roamed the streets of Vyara with lathis and rifles along with few police men , until additional policemen called by me from the dist reported for duty. It never occurred to me to recall R.M.Patel from leave. and I did not call him either. But I found R.M.Patel, PSI . at the Police Station in uniform at 8 AM next day ! On asking why he came when I had granted him leave ? His reply was dashing , he said, " Sir, I learnt at Mehsana that some communal riots were happening in Vyara, when riots were occurring in my charge how can I be on leave ? so I caught the earliest bus and came here ,Sir " Now consider the distance between Vyara and Mehsana an ordinary bus took 5 hours one way , he left at 5 PM and might have reached Mehsana at 11 or 12 at night , And another back journey of 5 hours to Vyara. This happened in the year 1973 or so. -------- In my estimate Rahul did not measure up to his All India duties in comparison to R M Patel who looked after only one Taluka.

No comments:

Post a Comment