Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My father-in-law K N Babaria expired in Mumbai on 21.4.15.He was an officer in Air India and was a constant source of inspiration to us.A well read learned man helped us financially in supporting my family ,wife and 2 children , when I left LIC to join Police, and I did not get my salary for 3/4 months.We had no savings at the time..He remitted money to me at Junagadh for meeting expenses on food bill and pocket exp. In his young days he was a social worker and union leader and was jailed along with the well known film star Balraj Sahani in Bombay.....Here I am addressing gathering of the mourners assembled in Chandan wadi.His corpse is behind.
Unlike · Comment · 
  • You, Amir KhanSubhash BhattMukesh Raval and 2 others like this.
  • Jayesh Maru Yes, Bharatbhai, it was Iyer family.
    In the photo, second from left is Devshi Babaria. He writes his name as Devshi Zaveri, behind that is, blue shirt, Dinesh Sumara, son-in-law of Babaria family.
    8 hrs · Like
  • Bharatbhai R Pandya What is wrong in this caste-ridden samaj when a perspns wants to break out of the curse of casteism by changing name ?I also became " Pandya" from " Padaya".But I am at a great disadvantage. First I feel guilty of Brahmins for the great sins their ancestors committed on Shudras,Dalits and Adivasis and then 2 I have to take pains to explain that I am not ( happily ) a Brahmin !
    7 hrs · Like
  • Jayesh Maru I have not objected name change identity but it came to my mind when I saw him.
    5 hrs · Like
  • Bharatbhai R Pandya Thats all Forget it .

No comments:

Post a Comment