Friday, January 23, 2015

મારા પત્નીની અંતિમ વિધિ, બાણગંગામાં સમાપન.

We have come over to Mumbai for performing the last rites of my wife
Smt. Champaben.She was born and brought up in Mumbai and was educated up to SSC in Suniti High School, just near Naaz Theatre on Lamington Road, a road leading to Chowpati.
In fact, I do not believe in religious ceremonies, but she was quite religious by heart, kept fast on appointed days, and visited temples regularly. She scolded me for not believing in God and that was the reason why , in stead of me, she was punished by God. That was her thinking. But I respected her right to believe in Gods and took her to various temples on my scooter and she was happy.
I used to carry her whenever I went to the City, Saiyedpura our ancestral home, Navsari Bazar our old house and where not.
People could hardly see me alone, she was a natural companion on the scooter and people never thought of me alone.I took her to the Barma ceremonies when ever possible and our community people had gives us a nick name of " Ram-Sitani Jodi "
So we immersed some ashes of hers in Tapi river on 19th Oct 14 and had preserved some ashes for immersion in Bombay where she was born, brought up, educated and married.
There is a holy place a pond ( Talav) below Malbar Hills in Bombay.There is a hearsay , lokvayka, among the Hindus that Lord Ram had shot an arrow into the sky and it fell in this pond and the Hindus started immersing the ashes of their dead into this pond. It is called Baan-Ganga"I and Nilesh immersed Champaben's ashes into this Baan Ganga yesterday .
It was my desire to hand over her ashes to the same earth where she was born, brought up and married.
Champabene mumbaima janm lidho, mumbaima uchhrya ane mumbaini dhartimaa samaai gaya.
An epoch in our life is over.
Like ·  · 

No comments:

Post a Comment