Thursday, March 8, 2018

Gulberg Society of Ahmedabad , a horrific place of violence

Gulberg Society of Ahmedabad ,a tragedy in which 69 people were killed on 28th Feb 2002.This is fr Gujarat Today daily of Ahmedabad of today. In the first photo on left is Smt. Jaffrey, mother of my friend .
I shall remember this Gulburg Society and naroda Patiya cases for another reason.The officer, Joint Commissioner of Police, Ahmedabad was posted to maintain law and order at the Gulburg Society.He in stead of dispersing the violent mob, looked the other way and went away from the place , leaving the place open for the murderous mobs. The expected happened and 69 innocents , who had nothing to do with the Godhra Train incidents, were mercilessly killed.
Unluckily, the Joint Commissioner of Police, Ahmedabad was my one time junior , had great leverages in the Secretariate and passed over me and I had resigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment