Thursday, March 8, 2018

Fighting Forward Policy

An amusing experience.
Playing cricket ( ball - bat ) with grand son Harshal. He was too happy. I was captain of.my team ,a medium fast bowler and 4/5 th batsman .We went to Navsari and Kosamba for match. Kosamba left an amusing but pleasant memory.
There was one sales man working in " Give and Take Cloth Store of Binny Company " in Chowk Bazar, Surat. Since I crossed his store and visited it for purchasing Binny cloth, we became friends. One day we both fixed a match at his village Kosamba and we went over there. The hosts took batting first and we followed. The earlier batsmen were dismissed for paltry score as a fast bowler . Then the captain came to bat. I played three four balls but developed a fear that this bowler will break my leg, hand or head certainly and I would not return home in one piece.
So what I did ? The bowler started from his end up to the last leg, I followed him ,I also walked on the pitch and now the bowler stopped, I also stopped. He was stunned to see me standing on half the pitch ! Now the turn for fear was for him ! He naturally feared that I was a great hitter and I would destroy his bowling like any thing. So he waited on his post , his captain and he rearranged the fielding formations and . sent he fielders as far as near the.boundaries.
He became very afraid as he did not want his bowling destroyed in his own village ! So he remembered Allah, I remembered Bhagwan ! He started run , he bowled, the ball missed me, stumps and bat ! I returned to crease. Now again this game, I was determined to hit a four or six any way but he faltered in bowling and threw a wide one. I returned to cease again.Now all fielders were gripped with a great fear that a big batsman from Surat will demolish their image in their own village and became shaky .
I do not know how many runs I made but I had instilled a great fear in the mind of opposite camp
We lost badly but were served with mutton Biryani and other tasties fitting to Muslim host families. I still remember that village Kosamba, cricket ground, half the pitch, fearsome.bowling and hospitality of the Muslim families whenever I pass by that village by railway or by highway !

No comments:

Post a Comment