Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The pleasure of the cycle



Why I selected these two photos ? There was a time when the cycle was a luxury , you believe me , luxury. I had no bicycle when I joined the LIC in 1962, I used to go to office on foot, come to home for food in the recess time and return again on foot.I got the cycle from loan of Rs. 200/-- from LIC and the mly instalment was rs. 10. Then I started using this highly luxurious vehicle. limousine ! In the evening my wife would come some times at the office with my eldest daughter and I would put her in the same pinjra as this grand father has put the girl and we would go to garden, shopping etc. Some times on ordinary days, when I put my daughter in the cage, she would start dozing and people would shout " Are bhai, vo ladki so gai hai ! " like this. that was life which i have not enjoyed after so many years though I had police jeep, Ambassador, Fiat and all but the pleasure of that life of cycle has been missing all these years.-----------------From Photography Exhibition, Science hall, Piplod  Surat

No comments:

Post a Comment