Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fight Tomorrow's War

         Fight  Tomorrow's War ,

    Thomas Carlyle has said that " Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand "
     Jesus said centuries ago, " Take therefore no thought for the morrow,for the morrow shall take the things  of itself. Sufficient unto  the day is the evil thereof. "
       Modern versions of the Bible quote Jesus more accurately as saying, " Have no anxiety for the tomorrow. "
                     By all means think about tomorrow,weigh its good and evil consequences, but do not indulge in worrying  for bad consequences. Make preparations to meet the challenges of tomorrow, but keep no anxiety. In old Gujarati generations it was said,  "Let tragedies of tomorrow come tomorrow, we shall grapple with them tomorrow, but enjoy the present life in full. "
                     During  the World wars the Military Commanders planned for  coming days , at the same time, they did not lose their sleep over supposed consequences  and sequence of bad consequences . They could not constantly go on worrying and live life also.  USA's Admiral Edward King had said, "  I have supplied the best men with the best equipment we have at our disposal. and gave them the best wisest mission. That is all I can do and I have done what I could do. ..... But if a ship has been sunk , I cannot bring it up .If it is going to be  sunk, I cannot prevent is from going under the sea. In stead of worrying about the the sunk or sinking ships, I can use my time and energy  much better on working for  tomorrow's problems than by fretting about yesterday's disasters . Besides,  if I let those things get me  ( control me )  I would not last long "
                    Whether in War or in peace,  the chief difference between the good and the bad thinking  is this :      Good thinking deals with causes  and effects  and leads to logical and constructive planning ; bad thinking  frequently leads to tension  and nervous breakdowns .

No comments:

Post a Comment